The HVAC/Maintenance Technician position is part of our Maintenance Division. These activities include but are not limited to installing and repairing various HVAC systems, conducting warranty services and quickly performing emergency repairs on certain HVAC equipment items, contacting tenants to schedule repair visits, and performing the repairs needed, closing completed work orders, and tracking job expenses. This position will also be responsible for completing work orders that include minor plumbing, electrical, painting, appliance repair, and other handyman type jobs.
- Plan and oversee all HVAC work orders, repairs, and installation activities
- Perform HVAC system repairs as well as whole system replacements
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Manage daily work order activity including scheduling, repairs, and billing associated with the work completed
- Manage all aspects of CMGT maintenance technician’s schedules, training, and all other daily activities performed.
- Manage make ready process to get vacated units back to 100% and ready to lease
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- 2+ years’ Residential HVAC repair experience
- HVAC certification required
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
- Adequate knowledge and experience with all aspects of drywall repair and painting
- Must be able to lift 50+lbs
- Must be comfortable climbing tall ladders, bending, kneeling, climbing for long periods of time
- Experience with Appliance repair including the repair, replacement or installation of major household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, and hot water heaters
- Must be professional, prompt and courteous correspondence with tenants when scheduling and providing maintenance services, and with contracted vendors that provide additional facility services.
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Good Time management skills including maintaining an organized scheduling and tracking system, usually on a computer, to effectively complete all maintenance requests in a timely manner and in the order by which they were received or by level of urgency.
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent; Degree from a vocational school or BSc/BA in business administration or facility management will be an advantage