What exactly does Community Management (CMGT) do for the money we are paying them?
- CMGT is hired as a 3rd party vendor to perform all the administrative tasks for the association. There are 5 primary areas of focus:
- Fiscal Management
- Common Area Oversight
- Enforcement of Rules
- A small list of some of the tasks that encompass the daily tasks are:
- Association Affairs
- Maintain Books, Records, Legal Documents, Maps
- Coordinate Community Mailings
- Corrective Action Oversight
- Visit, inspect for and investigate for corrective actions
- Respond to and investigate member complaints
- Notify owners and builders of corrective actions
- Relay member request for dispute resolution to Board of Directors
- Manage Owner Assessments
- Receive homeowner payments
- Post assessments to owner accounts
- Process returned payments
- Collection Services
- Issue Late Notices and Demand Letters
- Receive and post late fees
- Communicate member requests for hardship/extension/exemption
- Prepare annual budget with necessary line items for income/expense/reserves
- Work with board on final version and present at annual meeting
- Resale Property Communication
- Notify Board of new members moving into the Community
- Monitor Homes for Sale to file liens on any with past due balances
- Legal Affairs Management
- Provide Association Attorney(s) with necessary information
- File necessary documentation for legal activities
- Tax Management
- Send Year End Financials to Tax Preparer
- Provide Association Auditor (if necessary)
- Prepare application for insurance policies
- Monitor Association policies
- Monitor claims against Association
- Vendor Management
- Manage Bid Process
- Oversee scheduling of vendor duties
- Coordinate with vendors for the daily maintenance of all common areas in the association
- Facilitate receipt of vendor invoices and timely payments to ensure correct amounts being paid by association
- Architectural Control
- Receive Architectural change requests and forward to ACC Chairman
- Communicate ACC request for more information
- Notify homeowner of ACC decision
- Website-Maintain a dedicated community webpage that provides
- Homeowner balances
- Online payments
- Association documents
- Community calendar
- ACC Application
- Monthly Income and Expense Statement for Association
- Approved Annual Budget
- Association Affairs
Why do developers/boards hire CMGT?
How do we find information about our association?
Where does the money I pay the association go?
What types of communication does CMGT provide?
CMGT also sends out periodic physical mailings regarding such things as upcoming meetings, community events, as well as individual correspondence to residents. Once the opportunity presents itself, residents may be able to sign up for all electronic communications, which will help cut down mailing cost for the community.
How often is CMGT in our community?
Is the CAM on my property every day?
How can I communicate with CMGT?
- You can email our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to address your concerns/questions in a timely manner.
- When you call in to the office, we have an automated answering service to better allow residents get to the department/person they are looking for. However, if you are not looking for a specific department, you can press 0 at any time to be taken to the customer service department.
Who do I speak with when I have concerns/questions?
Is Community Management (CMGT) the Homeowner Association and/or the developer of the community?
Is Community Management associated with the developer/builder?
Is Community Management the one calling the shots?
Why does the developer/builder retain control of the association after residents have moved in?
Does Community Management assess late fees and fines so they can put money in their pocket?
Why does CMGT get to choose who gets a Corrective Action letter?
My neighbor put a rut in my yard, what will the association do about it?
A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau