MULTI FAMILY MANAGEMENT
The Senior Service Technician assists in maintaining the physical integrity of the community. This involves ensuring a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors, and staff. The Senior Service Technician will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Service Manager.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations (such as Lead Based Paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Program, OSHA, etc.).
- Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Must be aware of the condition of the property at all times and take immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition.
- Schedule and perform routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment as directed by the Service Manager and the Community Manager. Inspect and maintain all tools in excellent condition
- Must be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, and sewer clean-outs
- Perform work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Ensure that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Diagnose and perform minor or routine maintenance or repair, as directed, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and plumbing
- A/C and heating systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, and flooring
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans
- Gas fixtures and appliances
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Boiler, gas and electric
- Door locks, P.O. boxes and locks
- Security systems
- Ceiling leaks
- Pool areas, tile, hot tub/spa, pool furniture
- Inspect and coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services. Complete make-ready repairs as required to meet deadlines.
- Report all major repairs and need requisitions to Service Manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Change locks and make keys.
- Remove and transfer heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant. Assist in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc. to dumpster when necessary.
- Must be able to take on-call and schedule on-call services accordingly.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proficiency in written, verbal, and arithmetic skills
- Ability to plan and juggle in a multi-tasking environment and serve as a team leader
- Solid knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc. as required by daily operation
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in property management
- Current EPA and HVAC certifications. CPO may also be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to earn future designations as required by industry standards, EPA regulations, OSHA requirements, etc.
- The Senior Service Technician reports to the Service Manager.
The work is physically demanding, requiring walking, standing, bending, carrying, driving an automobile, etc.
10% of work to be conducted in an office environment, maintaining records, vendor/supply ordering. 90% of work is conducted out on property, requiring ability to walk great distances, lift up to 75lbs., climb and be comfortable on roofing, operate heavy machinery, and withstand extreme outdoor temperatures. Must have own hand tools and some equipment as dictated by needs of community and Service Manager. Must have reliable transportation and method of contact by phone 24 hours per day/7 days per week as duty requires. The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, or commercial vehicles. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated, except when working on items outside of the office environment.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.