We are looking for a reliable Maintenance Manager to oversee all operations of the Maintenance Division. These activities include but are not limited to accepting work orders, contacting tenants to schedule repair visits, and performing the repairs needed, closing completed work order, and billing invoices for work done.
A great maintenance manager will have a solid understanding of plumbing and electrical systems as well as carpentry and other crafts. They will be well-versed in all maintenance process and health and safety regulations. The ideal candidate will also have aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting etc. Any appliance and HVAC experience/licensing is a plus.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Allocate workload and supervise other maintenance staff
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Manage daily work order activity including scheduling, repairs, and billing associated with the work completed
- Manage make ready process to get vacated units back to 100% and ready to lease
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
- Proven experience as maintenance manager or other managerial role
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
- Adequate knowledge and experience with all aspects of drywall repair and painting
- Experience with Appliance repair including the repair, replacement or installation of major household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, and hot water heaters
- Must be professional, prompt and courteous correspondence with tenants when scheduling and providing maintenance services, and with contracted vendors that provide additional facility services.
- Good Time management skills including maintaining an organized scheduling and tracking system, usually on a computer, to effectively complete all maintenance requests in a timely manner and in the order by which they were received or by level of urgency.
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent; Degree from a vocational school or BSc/BA in business administration or facility management will be an advantage
- Valid Certified Maintenance Manager (CMM) will be a plus
- HVAC license will be a plus