Assistant Community Manager

Multifamily Management
Apply Now

Multifamily Management

The Assistant Community Manager (ACM) assists the Manager in effectively managing the property. In the Community Manager’s absence, the ACM will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing property objectives as set forth by the company. In addition, the ACM is responsible for all bookkeeping, preparation of daily and weekly traffic logs and reports as well as accurate reporting of all deposits, vacancies and income/delinquent balances.


  • Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, ADA, Fair Credit Reporting Act and all other Federal, State and Local laws pertaining to MultiFamily Housing.
  • Fully implement and enforce all policies and procedures as outlined in the Community Management Policy and Procedures Manuals.
  • Maintain accurate resident records, update the Community Manager daily of rents collected and delinquent rents, assist the Community Manager in preparing all notices such as late rent letters, evictions, letters, notice to cure or surrender letters, return check letters, noise complaints etc., and post and deposit all monies received in the office on a daily basis.
  • Produce, create and foster quality staff communications.
  • Assist the Community Manager in implementing and adhering to Community Management’s Guiding Principles & Mission.
  • Must possess knowledge of all phases of leasing and resident retention programs. Contact and follow up on all lease renewals. Show and close prospects when needed.
  • Answer and handle incoming calls from current residents always offering them excellent customer service.
  • Maintain awareness of the market conditions and trends for concessions, contributing ideas to the Community Manager for marketing the community and improving resident satisfaction.
  • Update and maintain records for move-ins/outs, application status, traffic activity, closing ratios, etc. Organize files, process all paperwork, and proofread all leases and letters for accuracy.
  • All other duties as assigned.


  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing for effective communication with residents, employees, peers, vendors, owners, etc. and to assist in efficient operations.
  • Bi-lingual abilities (written and verbal) may be required based on specific needs of property.
  • Computer software experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, OneSite, and RealPage
  • Basic understanding of Landlord/Tenant laws and application, Fair Housing/ADA regulations and application, OSHA & EPA requirements for property management industry.


  • Prefer a minimum of high school degree, some college preferred.
  • CAM®, ARM® designation preferred.
  • Two to four years prior experience in property management or in a related industry preferred.


  • Leasing team and dotted line maintenance team


  • The Assistant Community Manager reports to the Community Manager.
  • The Assistant Community Manager plans and carries out the successive steps of regular duties and handles problems and deviations in the work assignment in accordance with objectives, policies, previous training, or company practices.


The work is moderately physically demanding. Typically, the associate will perform some work sitting at a desk and other work walking the property. There is walking; standing; bending; carrying of moderate items such as papers, boxes, event items, collateral, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc.


An average of 30% of typical work day is spent at desk handling paperwork, resident files, computer transactions, correspondence, and resident meetings. Remainder of job (70%) requires constant physical walking and leasing demonstrations of community required, walking up/down stairs and covering multi-terrain landscape of property. Outdoor weather conditions will vary and affect duties. Local travel to bank, purchase office supplies, etc. requires operable personal vehicle and valid driver’s license. Out of state travel may be occasionally required.

The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, or commercial vehicles. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated, except when working on items outside of the office environment.

The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

Other jobs at Community Management

Community Association Manager

Customer Service Respresentative

Architectural Control Specialist

Site Visit Specialist

Receive a Quote For Service Contact Community Support